My name is Michael. I am a guy with a passion for learning and gaming. I play a wide variety of games, but mostly sandbox adventure and RPGs.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

2D glasses?

I stumbled upon this new product that seems to be smartly invented while targeting a small audience. I am talking about Hank's 2D Glasses. I personally hate 3D movies; they give me headaches, picture quality goes to shit when you are not looking at the sweet-spot (usually the center of attention in that scene), and just plain annoying to have 3D glasses on top of my prescription glasses (I don't wear contacts... my eyes despise them...), and 3D movie tickets are just more expensive.

The 2D Glasses cancel out the 3D effect by having the same polarization in each lens. Thus the same image is blocked for each eye creating the "normal" 2D effect that we all know. (PS: These only work for the big screen movies, 3D TV & 3DS technology are totally different; they have to do with real ultra-position and alternation of screens... or some crap like that... read about it and forgot :P ).
I am confident these glasses work perfectly; by using these glasses people who get headaches from watching 3D movies will be released from that suffering and picture quality will be the same across the screen (since there is no intervention from the other image). However, I still have to wear glasses on top of my prescription and I really do not see the point on paying extra for the 3D tech because of my companion wishes when I will not take advantage of it (Don't get me wrong... I do it from time to time).
Therefore, this product's target audience is limited due to the two disadvantages I mentioned and maybe even more that I have overlooked.

3D movies + 2D Glasses = -1 Comfort ( -3+2 ) & -2 Money ( -1[extra for service] -1[pay for 2D Glasses] ) = overall increase of +1 ~~ Not worth it for me.....  
{Do not understand the equation? well read article.... Do not understand it after reading article? well... I'd bet you didn't read close enough :D}

I am not judging the seller or customers; I am just trying to convey why mathematically I deem this product not worth my money. It is an improvement! It is not for me thought :)
Let me know if you would buy this and why.... I am interested to see what people think.... (maybe you will even change my mind)

For more information or purchasing take a look at the original website: http://www.2d-glasses.com
Purchase is also available via Amazon too: 2D Glasses


No comments:

Post a Comment