My name is Michael. I am a guy with a passion for learning and gaming. I play a wide variety of games, but mostly sandbox adventure and RPGs.

Saturday, January 22, 2011

3DS ~ FFXIII-2 ~ and a bit of sales numbers NPD

Nintendo 3DS

The 3DS has finally been announced with release date and price in the USA!!

It will come out on  March 27th at $249.99 (aka 250) in two colors "Aqua Blue" & "Cosmo Black;" it also includes a 2GB SD Card with the purchase. It is compatible with all DS game titles. All buttons are the same except for the addition of a "analog circle pad" which is just like an analog stick (it seems very well positioned).

They have a "Video Game Window that is from launch day to June where they will have 30 plus video games titles. This means that we have no clue what the exact launch day games are yet.
They specified that the launch window they will have "Nindendogs + cats," "Steeldiver" and "Pilotwings Resort" (in other words... bullshit kids titles.... [I hate it when corporations target kids too much, specially with the hazard release*]).
Furthermore, they said that in 2011 they will release "The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D" & "Kid Icarus: Uprising," but there is no specific date yet. The Friend Codes are linked to the hardware itself; thus making it better than the rumored per game friend codes idea. The worst spec announced is the BATTERY LIFE = 3 to 5 hrs while gaming (dependent on brightness and 3D usage.... still low a heck...). To make it even worse it will take exactly the same time you to recharge; in other words, if you charge it for 4 hours you will not get more than 4 hours of life out of it (this 1:1 ratio in recharging probably is not a good thing....).

PS: all information is attributed to www.gametrailers.com
Please watch these videos for more and detailed information








Gametrailers - Nintendo 3DS Preview

*In addition, there was a release from Nintendo last year officially stating that the 3DS is harmful to young children's eyesight. “Vision of children under the age of six has been said [to be in the] developmental stage.”At least they are letting us know, but it is disappointing since more than half of parents will never find this information and purchase one for their 5 year old kid.
Read More


Final Fantasy XIII - 2

Square Enix has announced Part 2 to the beautifully annoying FF13 game by releasing a teaser video that, in my eyes, only ensure the soon demise of this franchise & company.

As a fan of FF series I have been severely disappointed on their past two releases (FF13 and FF14). I hoped that their come attempt would be done with the FF13versus idea. Let me tell you why a second part to the crappy FF13 will not bring back the franchise and the company. Most people are sick and tired of watching these characters have retarded lines and even if a game is better the fact that it is the same old characters will just bring back flashbacks which will make this "new" game horrible as well. They should have cut clean and developed something else in order to come back to good standing... All I can do is hope for the best and prepare for the worst....


Gametrailers - FFXIII - 2


NPD SALES - Nov 28th 2010 to Jan 1st 2011

Since I do not know if I am allowed to specifically post these numbers up I will talk about them vaguely. I will actually recommend to watch the Invisible Walls Video Podcast Episode 143 in order to get a look at the actual numbers.

Hardware:

1st: Nintendo DS was in 1st
2nd: Wii ranked in 2nd
3rd: Xbox 360 in 3rd
4th: PS3
       Nothing new here...

What I do want to mention is..... There was 2 new Gamecubes sold during this time period... WTF.... LOL


Software:

Out of the Top 30 selling games:
Wii has 13 games;
Xbox 360 has 8 games;
PS3 has 5 games;
DS has 4 games.


This means that Nintendo has more than 50% of the top 30 best sellers in this NPD.... Nintendo is too brutal.



To wrap it up... I know I promised a review of Valkyria Chronicles, which I will post. However, I realized that I did not have a structure and that I needed to create one. Thus I went on to read several Reviews from different website and have created my own structure based on the most visited websites out there. hopefully I will have that up early next week.

Thanks for reading all or part of this post!
See you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment